Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Hope


we might yet show them all;

those who doubt true belief
who break when they land,
those who don't hold hands,
who don't climb trees.

we might yet stand on a corner embracing 
like two teenagers.

like lovers outside of time
stones shaped by the waterfall
or the wind in your hair
like better weather.

we might yet pick up the flame
move it further than anyone believed
and the sound that makes sounds like a voice
but manifests as a beam of light
we haven't failed, the sound says
we've only nearly started.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Chris -

    Greetings from warm and beautiful Jamaica. In spite of the devil's efforts to deprive me of wintering here by suddenly and unexpectedly stripping me of my paychecks from BMC, the Lord has been faithful to miraculously provide me with the funding to spend the late spring, summer and fall ministering for Him full time on the internet and to now spend the winter doing so here! Hallelujah!!! And you say that there is no God in heaven, huh?

    In your poem I'm discerning an unfulfilled craving for eternal love and happiness but you're looking for it in a mortal woman where unfortunately, it cannot be found, even if you do eventually find the perfect mate. Ever increasing love, joy and happiness can never be found and kept here on earth where death reigns, only in heaven where God reigns!

    Proverbs 18:22 -He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.

    Ecclesiastes 3:11 - He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in men's hearts....

    Psalm 16:11 - ....in Your eternal presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.

    I hope to run into you again in the future my friend but in the meantime as usual I am praying for your salvation. Be sure to let me know when that happens so that I can rejoice with you about it. God bless....

    Jim

    ReplyDelete